Friday, August 20, 2010

Microsoft Word 03?

For some reason, on my Microsoft Word 2003 I can't highlight lines/words/anything and delete it by pressing ''BACKSPACE'', I can only delete by pressing the ''delete'' button. However, I can delete letter by letter using the backspace.



It hasn't always been like this. I was wondering if it just suddenly changed, or if I accidently pressed something. How can I fix it?!



Microsoft Word 03?best antivirus software



This is a Word option setting:



1.Click on the Tools-%26gt;Options menu item.



2.Click the Edit tab.



3.Under Editing Options, check the check box next to ''Typing replaces selection''.



4.Click OK.



That should do it.



Microsoft Word 03?firewall



If you have a legitimate software, open a Word document and click Help, click Detect and Repair.



Have the 2003 CD handy in case you need to use it.



This only takes a minute and will restore anything you might have accidentally removed.



After that, do some exploring. Click Tools, Options, and check out each of the tabs. You may find your answer there.
i can use backspace to delete a highlighted letters in word 2003... maybe you have changed something in the preference...
This is not something you can change in the preferences or the common options. In fact, this shouldn't be happening at all. I recommend you re-install Office 2003, or use Office 2007, easier and has more options. This might be a bug or a virus on the computer, but that would not me most probable.
In Word, click on Tools | Options | Edit tab | check the ''Typing replaces selection'' box | OK.



--



garfield-n-odie



Microsoft MVP 2005-2008



http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment