Friday, August 20, 2010

Microsoft Word and R/W CD?

Every time I try to edit an item on my R/W CD using Microsoft Word, it won't let me. It says it's 'Read Only'. I've unchecked that box and it still does it. Apart from the tedious task of deleting the whole CD, doing my editing and putting it all back, I can't seem to get round this problem. Can any one help me? Plain english please with clear instructions as I'm still a learner on this thing.



Microsoft Word and R/W CD?download



Before writing on CD, try unchecking the box again.



Or Try to format your CD first (formating provision is in your CD writing software, I dont know which one you are using). After formating your Re-writable CD will work like a floppy, you can change anything it will save %26 you wont need to brun CD, simply copy from 'My Document' %26 paste on the Re-writable CD.



Microsoft Word and R/W CD?hijackthis



Key - you will not be able to save it to CD from Word.



If your burner (device) and software permit it, a CD-RW can be formatted so that, using Windows Explorer, you can paste files to the CD (it still takes longer than normal paste in WE, but I think less than erasing the disc and re-writing it). I think that may have happened in the past, so you got the impression that a CD-RW could work like the hard disc does - but it can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment