Friday, August 20, 2010

Microsoft site problems with Belkin wireless modem router?

Today we bought a Belkin wireless modem router, which I've set up fine and both my laptop (which runs on Vista) and PC (on XP) are fine with.



The problem is, I cannot access any Microsoft sites, and this is a big problem as my Hotmail email is my primary email address. I've also had problems accessing a few other sites (gamefaqs.com, myspace).



Any ideas wha I could to resolve this?



Instructions in layman'sterms please!



Microsoft site problems with Belkin wireless modem router?internet



You may (but may not, this is a likely suggestion, not an assertive answer) have a spyware hostsfile problem. When people complain about not being able to access very specific sites but everything else is fine, this is often the case.



open the file c:\windows\system32\drivers\



etc\hosts (sorry for the split across two lines) in notepad.



In it, except for very specific circumstances, you should have a single line under the lines that start with a # mark, the line



127.0.0.1 localhost



If you have any lines that look similar with microsoft.com and myspace.com in them, delete them (and only them), save the file and close it. Then run a spyware scan and av scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment