Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Microsoft Excelp help?

I am trying to do a math project using Microsoft Excel. I am trying to make an X and Y chart. I am putting a list of numbers in X and am trying to write an equation in Y. For example: X+9. I know that in place of X you can type in the cell number of X and you can drag the box down and Excel will put X in for the value and solve the equation. But everytime I try to type in the cell number inplace of X it does nothing. What am I doing wrong?



Microsoft Excelp help?mcaffee



in Excel you need to specify the fact that you are using a formula by starting it with '='.



Say you have the value '1' in cell A2 and in B2 you want to calculate the value of A2 + 9



Click cell B2 and type (without the quotes): '=A2+9' and then press enter - it should then display '10' in B2.



Alternatively, after typing '=' you can click the cell to automatically put 'A2' in the formula.



Microsoft Excelp help?norton antivirus 2007



This is not totally clear to me, it may be me.



Are you typing in the formula correctly?



=''col'' ''row'' +9. My quotes.



As =A1+9



If you want this formula down the col by copying,



row 1 will change with relative addressing.



Sorry, not sure this is your answer.
to create a formula in excel, you have to start with a + sign.



So in your instance you would type in:



+a3+9



of course you would replace the a3 with whatever cells your were using for x
Do you have parentheses in place?
Just as an experiment with your x + 9, in cell A1 I entered the following: =B1+9. Then in cell B1, I entered the number 2 and the result was 11 which appeared in cell A1. The only thing you may not have done was enter your equal sign before your formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment